Search This Blog

Tuesday 12 January 2016

Chuck E's In Love

Chuck E


Rickie Lee Jones has been in the papers in this part of the country recently as she is appearing at this year's Celtic Connections.
I didn't feel the urge to acquire a ticket to go and see her as I am not really familiar with her work.
I only have her eponymous debut album from 1979 and have never knowingly heard anything from her subsequent 16 releases.
I have no doubt that some of you will take me to task and tell me that I have missed a classic or two along the way.
She is of course most famous for her hit Chuck E.'s in Love a song about fellow musician Chuck E Weiss who at the time was staying in the Tropicana Hotel in Los Angeles alongside Rickie and her then beau Tom Waits.
The song would also appear to be Mr Weiss' biggest claim to fame.

Rickie Lee Jones - Chuck E.'s In Love

Rickie Lee Jones - The Last Chance Texaco





2 comments:

  1. "The sunsets were purple and red and yellow and on fire . . . little fluffy clouds in them" is all I'm really familiar with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. see what you wrote CC....that's as much as I know.

    Had to take a second look at your photo as at first glance I though Ms Jones had really let herself go since the hit single

    ReplyDelete