Search This Blog

Saturday 23 January 2016

Celtic Connections - Roaming Roots Review



Third and final visit to the Concert Hall tonight for Roaming Roots Review : Troubadours.
A veritable smorgasbord of artists doing their stuff with Roddy Hart and the Lonesome Fire as the house band.
Including Matthew E White, Frazey Ford (formerly of the Be Good Tanyas),Iain Morrison, Justin Currie AND Kris Kristofferson!
Also Anderson East, Blue Rose Code who I  saw last year and who was very good and oh did I mention Kris Kristofferson?
I am particularly looking forward to seeing This is the Kit and Scottish duo Honeyblood

Review to follow

This is the Kit - Bashed Out

Honeyblood - Super Rat

4 comments:

  1. Try and see Anderson East, i hvae an EP of theirs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of them.Looking forward to checking them out

      Delete
  2. This looks like a particularly good night. I greatly enjoyed Honeyblood a couple of years ago when I caught them supporting Courtney Barnett and just next week I'll be off to see This is the Kit. I'm hoping I can hold it together when they lurch into 'Silver John'. I heard a very good new Matthew E White tune on 6Music the other day too. You're a lucky fella CC, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a week, CC. Thanks for taking us with you.

    ReplyDelete