Search This Blog

Wednesday 20 January 2016

Celtic Connections - Lucinda Williams


Second visit to the Concert Hall tonight - this time to see Lucinda Williams.
I'm not really sure what the Celtic connection is but any excuse to see Ms Williams perform is to be welcomed.
I think that I have seen her three times before and she was excellent every time.Hopefully tonight will be no exception.
Support is from the Canadian Jenny Ritter Band - a new name on me.

I've long been a  fan of Lucinda and have all her albums up until 2008's Little Honey. Thereafter I have lost touch with her stuff a little bit so it will be good to hear some of her newer stuff.
A track from West for you plus one by Elvis Costello and the Imposters on which she features.
I am currently reading Unfaithful Music and Disappearing Ink but that's for another day.

Review to follow.

Lucinda Williams - Unsuffer Me

Elvis Costello & the Imposters - There's a Story in Your Voice


6 comments:

  1. I was a firm Lucinda fan from 'Ramblin' to 'World Without Tears', but have also lost touch with what she's up to these days. 'Unsuffer Me' is very good. Have a good night - hope you'll share your thoughts on the show at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were these tickets part of your Christmas gift bag, CC, or Part 2 of your treat to yourself (and Mrs. CC, of course)? I'll also look forward to your review of the night.

    Don't think I've mentioned this before, but I like the fact that you post two very different tunes every day.

    By the way, I know Box allots 10 GB of bandwidth for free accounts and 10 GB storage. Another blogger shared the following info with me about his Box account stats:

    Bandwidth used: 24.0 GB OF 10 GB

    Obviously, he just got lucky, or they're still resetting the monthly allowance, but it's not reflected in the numbers. I'm just curious - have you checked your old Box account recently?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should be a nice time tonight. Looking forward to your thoughts on the book. That's up next for me when I finish Popkiss, which I'm enjoying so much that I'm slowing down because I don't want it to end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brian - I think I'll wait until you and other have read it. Don't want to throw in any spoilers

      Delete
  4. I remember about 15 years or so back, I tried to get into Lucinda Williams after reading some very strong reviews. Although I liked Car Wheels On A Gravel Road, I couldn't get much further.

    A couple of years back I tried again after hearing her song Come On. This time she stuck, and lately she's on her way to becoming one of my favourite female artists. I'd love to see her live one day. (By the way, that double album she did a couple of years back is worth tracking down. Classic stuff.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that live album Rol.As you say classic stuff

    ReplyDelete