Search This Blog

Sunday 10 September 2017

Vintage Soul Vinyl - Gladys Knight & the Pips


Those of you with children will probably have to explain this Viz cartoon to them.

It was only fairly recently that Gladys Knight & the Pips made the shelves. I thought that The  Motown Years would be a safe bet and I was not wrong there .
I was a wee bit more apprehensive picking up a Best of in my local charity shop as you never quite know what you are going to get.
I needn't have worried as the majority of the ten tracks are pretty good. Here are two that you should all be familiar with - one of which features above.

Gladys Knight & the Pips - Best Thing That's Ever Happened to Me

Gladys Knight & the Pips - Midnight Train to Georgia

3 comments:

  1. I do sometimes feel as if I'm stuck in a '70s time warp with my song choices but when all this wonderful stuff was around, not much wonder. Lovely pick for a Sunday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phenomenal voice and has still got it, well at least in 2009 she still had I when she appeared on Later, what a rendition of Help,Me Make It Through The Night that was. I love her and the Pips 60s stuff more. No One Can Love You More being my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was listening to some GK & Ps recently and it struck me how you don't get a lot of bands with a lead female vocalist and make backing singers (it's usually the other way round). Works very well though.

    ReplyDelete