Search This Blog

Tuesday 17 October 2023

Tomorrow The Green Grass

 




For a decade of so from about 1992 to 2003 I was pretty much obsessed by the music of The Jayhawks. I even went as far as doing an ICA for JC's place  covering a slightly extended period.

I am on record in saying that Hollywood Town Hall is one of my favourite albums of all time . I probably played it to death resulting in me having not listened to it in ages .My go to Jayhawks album these days is Rainy Day Music

The follow up record to HTH  1995's Tomorrow the Green Grass has suffered the same fate. However I dusted it down the other day and played it in it's entirety singing along (badly) to every song. I have enjoyed a couple of friendly debates with Brian over the years as to the respective merits  of both albums. I think that we have agreed the Hollywood Town Hall just shades it.

But today is all about Tomorrow The Green Grass and I have opted for some songs that I don't think have featured here before.



3 comments:

  1. Yep, Hollywood Town Hall for me, but Tomorrow the Green Grass is excellent. The day I bought it was one of the best days I have ever spent at a record shop. While living in rural Japan, the Mrs. and I needed some civilization and hopped a flight to Hong Kong. The album had just come out that week, and I ducked into HMV to pick it up. There was this spin the wheel game at the counter where you could win prizes when you paid. I won big and kept winning with every trip to the counter. My memory is a little fuzzy on just exactly how many CDs I won, but I think it was about 10. Good day, all because of Tomorrow the Green Grass. - Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't want to actually rate them, but Tomorrow the Green Grass is definitely my go-to Jayhawks album.

    ReplyDelete