Search This Blog

Tuesday 10 October 2023

Girls of the Indigo Variety

 


2023 Charity Shop Purchases #77 - Indigo Girls -Retrospective


In 1992 along with two pals we drove coast to coast in the US ending up in Boston. There I bought my first ever CDs Out of Time by R.E.M. and Rites of Passage by Indigo Girls. They came in that foot long cardboard packaging like a periscope.

My pals thought it hilarious that I had bought a couple of CDs when I didn't have a CD player .I thought it was entirely logical as it made sense to have some CDs to play when I got one. Since then I've acquired pretty much the entire output of R.E.M albums but nothing more by Indigo Girls

This changed in Fort William when I picked up Retrospective. Released in 2000 on Epic with a grand total of 16 tracks it covers their first six albums from 1987 to 1999 . They have since gone on to release another 8 studio albums as well as a few live albums and some more compilations.

Indigo Girls are Amy Ray and Emily Saliers and as far as I am aware they are still going strong. They are fairly accurately described as Folk Rock and hence they reside in the Folk/Singer-Songwriter section of the shelves.

Indigo Girls -Strange Fire

Indigo Girls -Galileo

Indigo Girls - Ghost

1 comment:

  1. Great response to your sniggering mates. I'm the same with those Betamax videos I bought in 1979......oh wait! I've got their Retrospective plus Shaming Of The Sun - whilst I'm not a massive fan I always cop an ear when they release something new

    ReplyDelete