Search This Blog

Sunday 22 October 2023

1974 Groupies Collection

 


I was looking through the music files on the hard drive searching for something to feature today when I stumbled upon a folder called 1974 Groupies Collection.

With a fair degree of trepidation I opened it to find that it featured 12 tracks from reasonably well known artists from that era including Bod Dylan, Richard and Linda Thompson and Queen. The Bob Dylan track is from Planet Waves which came out in 1974 and I quickly surmised that the rest of the songs were also from that year. 

I thought it may be a compilation in the mould of Jon Savage and others that you might find on Ace Records or somewhere but I can find any evidence to that affect. It could even be something that a fellow blogger put together! If anyone can shed any light on this I would be very grateful.

Time then for three songs  from 1974. Just Groove Me is a song by San Antonio's Doug Sahm from the album Groovers Paradise  on Warner Brothers. With a Gun comes from Pretzel Logic the third studio album by Steely Dan on ABC records. Finally we have the geniuses who were Big Star with Back of a Car which is taken from their second album Radio City on the Ardent label.

None too shabby

Doug Sahm - Just Groove Me

Steely Dan - With a Gun

Big Star - Back of a Car

3 comments:

  1. It's my new playlist.

    JM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this post very much. I just couldn't find the link to the Whitesnake song. I'm sure it must be there somewhere, even though David Coverdale was still in Deep Purple in '74. I'll keep looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No connection.Picture selected entirely at random

      Delete