Search This Blog

Thursday 22 June 2017

I've Got The Abattoir Blues


Just be grateful that I didn't post a picture of an  actual abattoir.
The 2004 double album Abattoir Blues/The Lyre of Orpheus by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds is one of Mrs CC's.
I'm honestly not sure whether I've ever given it a listen before but now I've listened to at least half of it as I gave Abattoir Blues a blast in the car on the way to and from work on Tuesday.
And rather good it is too - particularly these two tracks.Typical Cave noisy and lyrical in equal measures.
Number one in Greece and Norway apparently.
I suspect that I wont be long in getting round to playing the other one  and if you behave yourselves I may just share some of it with you.

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds -Nature Boy

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - Abattoir Blues

4 comments:

  1. This is the album that turned MrsRobster onto Nick Cave. She'd never been keen before, but now she's happy to revisit his older stuff based on her appreciation of this. There She Goes my Beautiful World is one of my fave Cave moments of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been digging Cave again recently and this is one of his best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fine double album. The live tour ro promote it was a belter too...including two memorable nights at the usually dreadful Carling Academy (as it was known then) not that far from Villain Towers.

    You should keep an eye out for this on your travels:-

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Abattoir_Blues_Tour

    Of course, I could happily lend it to you any time you wanted. Contains a spellbinding version of 'Stagger Lee'

    ReplyDelete