Search This Blog

Friday 18 October 2024

I Like Birds 14 - The Pigeon

 


I have done a pigeon post before dedicated to George and Jo's rescue pigeon Walter (no relation to our blogging chum Walter!)

I used up four potential pigeon offerings on that one but fear not I have been able to rustle up a further four in respect of the domestic pigeons which hang out in our gardens and in Trafalgar Square. I have vivid memories of getting pigeon blood on my purple platforms as they pecked for seed there during my Primary 7 trip to London!

Writing something about them and playing some Pigeon tunes may help to alleviate the trauma.

Let's start with twins Rachael and Paul Swinton who are known collectively as Cloth with a song simply title Pigeon.

John Prine is slightly more expansive as he gives us his version of Clay Pigeons the Blaze Foley song which featured last time round.

Port O'Brien weigh in with Pigeonhold  which seems to be about Pigeonholes.

Lieutenant Pigeon were the band of choice last time round. This time round it is the turn of Leeds band  The Pigeon Detectives with I'm Not Sorry.

If you are wondering where Stool Pigeon is it appeared here relatively recently

Hopefully we can struggle on with more of our feathered friends next Friday.



Cloth - Pigeon

John Prine -Clay Pigeons

Port O'Brien - Pigeonhold

The Pigeon Detectives - I'm Not Sorry


1 comment: