Search This Blog

Wednesday 23 October 2024

The Sun Shines Here

 


The Sun Shines Here (Roots of Indie Pop 1980- 1984)  is a 3 CD Box set from Cherry Red released in 2021 (track list here) It is one that I a-hem acquired but for some strange reason I only appear to have copies of the first two CDs - that equates to 49 tracks so I suppose I shouldn't grumble.

Plenty then to chose from and I'm sure you will all be able to find a good few acts from the track list that would be of interest to you.

As is the case in these things there were some who went on to enjoy fame or a modicum of success and some who fell by the wayside.

There are plenty to chose from  including a good few Scottish acts but I am going for four female acts who encouragingly are reasonably well represented on this compilation.


Dolly Mixture -Step Close Now

Girls at Our Best! - Go For Gold!

The Raincoats - Running Away

Marine Girls - That Fink, Jazz- Me- Blues Boy

1 comment:

  1. Excellent selection CC. The Raincoats' version of the old Sly & The Family Stone song has long been a favourite of mine

    ReplyDelete