Search This Blog

Tuesday 22 October 2024

Fractious

 


I'm a bit stuck for inspiration and would welcome some suggestions for new series'.

In the meantime I'm not quite sure how or why but I've come up with fractions for today's post.

We will do these in descending order starting with a half or 1/2 . Adrianne Lenker, of Big Thief fame, does the honours with Half Return.

It is a third or 1/3 next and we turn to the Inkfields with The Third Side of the Coin

Next up is a quarter or 1/4 and who else could we turn to other than Zoe Muth and the Lost High Rollers and If I Can't Trust You with a Quarter ( How Can I Trust You With My Heart?) .A great library find.

For an eight of 1/8 I give you Hazel O'Connor with Eighth Day

Last , but certainly not least for a tenth or 1/10 it is Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band with Tenth Avenue Freeze Out.

I'll get my coat.


Adrienne Lenker - Half Return

The Inkfields - The Third Side of the Coin

Zoe Muth & the Lost High Rollers - If I Can't Trust You With a Quarter (How Can I Trust You With My Heart?)

Hazel O'Connor - Eighth Day

Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band -Tenth Avenue Freeze Out

11 comments:

  1. Are you confusing ordinal numbers with fractions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I knew what an ordinal number was I would hopefully be able to answer that question.

      Delete
    2. If only you knew a retired teacher of mathematics who could tell you!

      Delete
    3. I just did a lol.

      As the annoying kids might say in George's class.

      Delete
  2. After birds surely it should be fish next if you haven't done them already. Might be a very short series though, not sure you would find enough songs about e.g. turbot or halibut to justify a separate post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks
      I'll have a look but as you say it might well be a short series.

      Delete
    2. I seem to recall it was quite a struggle to find these ten...

      https://histopten.blogspot.com/2024/01/snapshots-328-top-ten-songs-about.html

      Delete
  3. How about “Charity Chic’s Carrot Crunchers”?

    Although I suspect you may have to swiftly broaden your focus to include other vegetables…

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about different types of tree... he says, giving away one of his future Snapshots ideas, for free.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks folks
    A few things to consider there

    ReplyDelete