Search This Blog

Thursday 24 October 2024

Transmissions From The Satellite Heart

 


2024 Charity Shop Purchases # 64 - The Flaming Lips - Transmissions From The Satellite Heart


I spotted this Flaming Lips CD among the detritus in the 99p section in Oxfam on Victoria Road and felt that it was my duty to liberate it. 

From 1993 and on the Warner Brothers label Transmissions from the Satellite Heart is the 6th studio album from the band and it replaces The Soft Bulletin (which I bought in Woolworths in Leek) as the oldest one of their albums that I have on the shelves.

It was critically well received and by 2002 had sold over 300,000 copies world wide which is pretty impressive. The only song of the album that I recognised was the novelty number She Don't Use Jelly which I have on a compilation somewhere.

First impressions are favourable although I have yet to comply with the instructions on the back cover namely Please Play All Tracks at Maximum Volume.

I was pretty shocked to find that the last of their albums that I have At War With The Mystics is from as far back as 2006 and that they have released a further 11 studio albums since then which is pretty impressive.. Clearly I don't have my finger on the pulse these days.


The Flaming Lips - Turn It On

The Flaming Lips - Plastic Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment