Search This Blog

Monday 28 October 2024

The Spider and the Fly

 


Last week I put out a request for suggestions for new series' here on CCM.

I got a few which I am grateful for and most will be followed up. One from George was for Insects/Creepy Crawlies. This got my thinking about Spiders and Flies. This got me thinking and for the two or three weeks I will share a couple of each.

I think I will start with those which reference both the spider and the fly .I think I've found three.

Let's start with Mercury Rev with Spiders & Flies from their 2001 album All is Dream which I played last week for the first time in ages and thoroughly enjoyed.

Buffalo Tom follow with The Spider and The Fly from their album Besides.

Last but by no means least we have mid 60's Colorado psychedelic garage rock band The Monocles with Spider and the Fly.

More spiders and/or flies next week


Mercury Rev - Spiders & Flies

Buffalo Tom -The Spider and the Fly

The Monocles - Spider and the Fly

4 comments:

  1. That song by The Monocles is preposterously over the top. A keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping Boris appears next time. The spider, not the political pillock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Birds first, then spiders and creepy crawlies? My favourite creatures. Monsieur, with these you're really spoiling us!

    ReplyDelete