Search This Blog

Tuesday 15 October 2024

Revolutionary Spirit

 


About a month ago Swiss Adam reviewed Paul Simpson's book Revolutionary Spirit- A Post Punk Exorcism.

I had seen it in the library a few times but I  didn't recognize the name or feel tempted to take it out. All that changed after I read Adam's review . It is a terrific read - amusing, informative and bitchy at the same time. It is up there with his friend Julian Cope's book Head On.

He seemed to know everyone in Liverpool at that time and all the in places which Adam would have been aware of as a student.

The Wild Swans passed me by at the time but have since crossed my radar thanks to Blogging chums with JC  including Revolutionary Spirit as part of a guest post.

Please read Adam's review which is much better and more informative than anything I could do and read the book.

It seems that Paul is now living in Glasgow and given that he includes Last Night from Glasgow in the credits some new material and/or re-releases may be forthcoming.


The Wild Swans - Revolutionary Spirit

The Wild Swans - God Forbid

1 comment:

  1. These two songs show how great The Wild Swans were. A new album from him should be reason enough to cancel my membership of LNFG once and for all.

    ReplyDelete