Search This Blog

Monday 14 October 2024

The Jones Boy

 


I was playing George Jones the other day and I found myself wondering when he had last featured here.

4th April 2022 was the answer as part of my Keeping Up with the Joneses series.Before that it was as far back as 2016.

Jez featured him yesterday but I figure that you can't have too much of a good thing.

Here are what I consider to be his three greatest songs. Feel free to disagree.


George Jones - He Stopped Loving Her Today

George Jones -She Still Thinks I Care

George Jones - Thinks Have Gone to Pieces

5 comments:

  1. Thinks?

    I agree they are great songs but, with the exception of your first selection, I think it is hard to argue there is a definitive Top 3 when George made so many great records. 'Choices', 'The Grand Tour', 'Good Year For The Roses', ''Bartender's Blues' etc etc etc

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might be right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ..........no, you're wrong and here's why "...you have brought your lawyer and I've brought a broken heart........and changed your name from Brown to Jones and mine from Brown to Blue"

      Delete
  3. Agree with Ernie but He stopped loving her today is probably the essence of country music and singing about a lost love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I agree with Walter. I did say that the first song was the exception, that will always be Number one.

      Delete