Search This Blog

Monday 2 September 2024

September Gurls and Boys

 


September the 2nd! How did that happen? Two thirds of the year gone already.

More importantly what happened to the summer? It has probably been one of the wettest ones that I can remember and I've been around the block a few times.

Time then, before we contemplate turning on the heating and dread the cost, for some music to cheer us up.

Let's start with something that is far to positive  and bouncy for the ninth month namely September by Earth, Wind and Fire.

This is followed by another song again simply called September this time by David Sylvian.

September When it Comes sings Rosanne Cash. Get with the programme Rosie it is already here!

Gillian Welsh is somewhat optimistic given that she is holding out for a Fair September.

An artist called September you say? Here is September Jones with I'm Coming Home. As far as I am aware she is not the September Jones the former Miss Universe contestant who was stripped of her crown after having sexual relations with all five judges.

In case you were panicking I have saved the best for last. It is of course the great September Gurls by Big Star


Earth, Wind & Fire - September

David Sylvian - September

Rosanne Cash - September When it Comes

Gillian Welsh - Fair September

September Jones - I'm Coming Home

Big Star - September Gurls

3 comments:

  1. David Sylvian is handy too. Ian McCulloch's cover of September Song was a bit of a mis- step in 1984, a sign not all was well in Bunnyland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time for reminiscing. I remember playing one of my dad's 78's Valse Septembre - a lovely lilting waltz as I recall no idea who played or wrote it. Agree with Swiss Adam on September Gurls. EWF pretty good too

    ReplyDelete