Search This Blog

Monday 23 September 2024

Garbage?

 


Like four million other people I bought the eponymous debut album by Garbage which was released in  1995.Wiki says it is on the Almo label but mine says Mushroom Records.

At the time Butch Vig was all the rage  due to the rise of Sub Pop and fronting the band with Shirley Manson who had previously been a member of Goodbye Mr Mackenzie seemed like a leftfield choice but one which worked out very well for all concerned.

I liked it well enough when it came out but I suspect that I haven't played it more than once or twice this century. Also, I have never been tempted to pick up any of their 6 further albums and the only one I recognise is Version 2.0  which also is the only other one I've seen in Charity Shops.

Would it survive a future CD cull? Probably not but I'm happy to sing along (badly) to these two songs whenever I here them on the radio.


Garbage -Stupid Girl

Garbage -Only Happy When it Rains

2 comments:

  1. I had to take a good long look at myself recently and realised there was no way I can keep buying CDs at the rate I am as I've run out of space to store them. Then a lightbulb went on. It's not the CDs which take up the space, it's the bloody jewel cases. Hence I'm currently in the process of slimming down my collection using these...

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08QS83HFY

    Digipacks will stay, but anything in a plastic jewel case is going in one of those. Suddenly, the sky's the limit in terms of collection space...

    ReplyDelete