Search This Blog

Tuesday 3 September 2024

Hop, Skip and Jump

 


You may well have thought that after George's  recent Beg, Steal and Borrow series that that would be the end of the three word phrases. Well you would have been wrong there.

On Friday night and stuck on the couch I found myself watching athletics for some reason. One of the disciplines was the Triple Jump which is known more colloquially as Hop, Skip and Jump.

That sprung to mind for today's post when I had nothing else in the tank.

Kip Tyler and the Flips were a rockabilly band who have been described as an influence for The Cramps. They provide the Hop part of this post with the song Jungle Hop.

For Skip we turn to Country and Dwight Yoakam with My Heart Skips a Beat a song from his 2007 album Dwight Sings Buck an album I was unaware of up until now. I had moved on from him by then as his music became more and more mainstream.

Who needs Van Halen with Jump when you can have the Pointer Sisters with Jump (For Me Love)?


Kip Tyler and the Flips - Jungle Hop

Dwight Yoakam - My Heart Skips a Beat

Pointer Sisters - Jump (For My Love)

1 comment:

  1. We're not voting are we but Jump would take this by a mile

    ReplyDelete