Search This Blog

Friday 8 September 2023

What's Following Me?

 


2023 Charity Shop Purchases #73 - Eleanor McEvoy

Apologies for the brief break in transmission. We were away for a few day (yes Rol again!) and I  didn't quite get around to scheduling posts in my absence. On the plus side it may have encouraged some of the bots to bugger off back to Singapore.

I've been an admirer of Irish folk singer/songwriter Eleanor McEvoy ever since hearing her version of Mother's Little Helper which in turn led me to her album Life Must Be Tough. I subsequently picked up a few more of her albums and we saw her life in Glasgow's Glad Café as part of a Southside Festival.

It has been a few years since I grabbed one of her records and she has slipped off my radar a little. I spotted What's Following Me ? her second album from 1996  on the Columbia label (she signed to Columbia on the back of the success of her song A Woman's Heart) a couple of weeks ago and quickly snapped it up.

It is described by Wiki asstep forward—a more seamless, more mature glimpse of romantic angst through the eyes of a survivor. McEvoy is an adroit melodist, but she's an even more adroit lyricist who has become a standout in the '90s singer-songwriter field.  So there you go.

So far I'm not entirely convinced but I need to listen to it properly rather than in dribs and drabs. 

Something interesting (to me at any rate) is the price sticker on the front of the jewel case: 15 Marks from Abgestaubt , Alte Hattinger Str.17 44789 Bochum. That alone probably guarantees it keeper status.

Eleanor McEvoy - What's Following Me?

Eleanor McEvoy - Biochemistry

No comments:

Post a Comment