Search This Blog

Wednesday 13 September 2023

Same Title , Different Song - Tomorrow

 


Two more of these until I come up with something else.

Tomorrow apparently was a South Korean TV series on Netflix. I haven't seen it but I suspect George has.

There must be hundreds of songs with the word Tomorrow in the title. I'm sure you could all effortlessly rattle off a dozen or so in short older. Songs which only have the word Tomorrow in the title is slightly harder. I've five for you today. No doubt some others will be offered up in the comments.

I think that we will start with a Malaysian singer- songwriter , guitarist and ukulele player. Yes for some reason I have a song called Tomorrow by Zee Avi on the hard drive.

Tomorrow is  also the b-side of the single This Thing Called Love by a band called The Webs  from Galveston. It is from 1968 on London Records.

I suspect many of you will remember Duffy a Welsh blue eyed soul singer who was everywhere in the late naughties with the albums Rockferry (2008) and Endlessly (2010) . No sooner had she appeared she was gone. Tomorrow was the b-side to the single Mercy in 2009.

Some funk next from 1965 courtesy of the Radiants . They were a band who included Maurice and Mac who went on to do their own thing.

Finally we are off to Edinburgh and the band Dropkick. Tomorrow is track 8 from their 2020 album The Scenic Route which I have on the shelves. You should pop over to Bandcamp and get it too.

Final instalment next week.


Zee Avi - Tomorrow

The Webs - Tomorrow

Duffy - Tomorrow

The Radiants - Tomorrow

Dropkick -Tomorrow

4 comments:

  1. Not one we've seen, CC; but we ARE watching one where a vet can tell what an animal has witnessed by feeling its backside. She then uses this insight to help a newly-arrived detective solve crimes. There's a hint of a love interest as well, vet and detective, not vet and a farmyard animal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite song called Tomorrow is by James. It's in my Top 3 James songs. Very positive tune.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No single word Tomorrow songs from me but I've got a few other suggestions, Sadly, Atomic Rooster's Tomorrow Night is never likely to feature on your watch! Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye by the Flaming Stars is well worth a listen as is Tomorrow Has To Wait by Peter Bjorn & John. The best though is The Monkees' Look Out (Here Comes Tomorrow) which I only discovered recently

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meant to add that the Zee Avi is a cover of Dylan's Tomorrow Is A Long Time written aeons ago which I've never previously heard!

    ReplyDelete