Search This Blog

Tuesday 19 September 2023

It Began With an N


 

George was briefly in the country.

I'm sure that he would tell you that  he was here primarily to see his mum and to celebrate our pal Euan's 60th. I suspect though that the highlight of his trip was actually  his visit to the Music Room.

He headed to the Americana section and pulled out a couple of CDs for a listen. The first was by St Louis band Nadine, one off the two bands that I have seen in Helensburgh.. I'm not 100% sure which of  their CDs he selected as they have been put neatly back on the shelves. I know it was not their first one the brilliant Downtown, Saturday and I think it may well have been their 3rd and I think final one Back to My Senses rather than the second Lit Up From the Inside. On that basis I have gone for a song from that album Sleep Next to You a sentiment you  certainly would not want to attach to today's cover star Mad Nads.

The second CD selected was Boxer by The National. It is one of three I have which are all charity purchases. I was a bit late to the party as I didn't pick up on them until relatively recently. I will certainly pick up any more that I see. I feel that Squalor Victoria is a more appropriate song choice for Ms Dories

Nadine -Sleep Next to You

The National -Squalor Victoria

3 comments:

  1. I should add that I was very very pleased to see CC himself and his extremely lovely wife (who bought me a vegan chocolate bar). The album was Lit Up From The Inside

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the whole point of Brexit was to keep the undesirables out!

      Delete
    2. Big smile, Rol. Hope you had a good trip, George.

      Delete