Search This Blog

Monday 18 September 2023

James King and the Lonewolves

 


There used to be a coach operator in Galloway called James King . Whenever I saw one of their buses I would shout out and the Lonewolves  much to the annoyance of Mrs CC.

James King and the Lonewolves were one of those legendary bands who achieved cult status.  I suspect that more people have heard of them than have heard them and I know that I pretty much fit into the former category. However I've got the odd track downloaded here or there so I thought that I would give them another listen. I was pretty impressed. 

Discogs give a brief potted history  highlighting that they only ever released  two albums (one a live one)  and four singles/EPs and describing their music as Indie or Garage Rock

The album Lost Songs of the Confederacy was well received getting a mark of 9/10  from Louder than War who helpfully provide much more information than I ever could.  I suspect that I have little or no chance of ever tracking it down so I will have to live in hope that  one day they cross the radar of Past Night From Glasgow

James King & the Lonewolves -Texas Lullaby

James King & the Lonewolves -Ready to Fall

1 comment: