Search This Blog

Monday 6 March 2023

The Debra Haul - Working on a Dream

 


 2023 Charity Shop Purchases #25 - Bruce Springsteen - Working on a Dream

The vast majority of the Debra Haul are new to me CDs  There is also one CD to accompany a vinyl album and three which are replacing burns.

One of those replacing a burn is Working on a Dream the 16th (of 21) studio album by Bruce Springsteen from 2009 and as always on the Columbia label. 

It has to be said that it is probably not one of his better ones .It is one of the four from 2007  to 2019 (between We Shall Overcome - The Seeger Sessions and Western Skies) which I would contend are probably the poorest of his lengthy and distinguished career. Many critics would appear to agree with me although it has a credable  aggregate score of 72/100 on Metacritic helped in no small measure by a 5/5 score on Rolling Stone

I quite like the title track but other than that it is a bit meh and Springsteen by numbers. But hey it is the Boss so I was not about to pass it by. By my reckoning that still leaves High Hopes as the only studio album that I don't have in any format.

Bruce Springsteen - Working on a Dream

Bruce Springsteen - Queen of the Supermarket

1 comment:

  1. It's not the best, but it's a damned sight better than High Hopes.

    ReplyDelete