Search This Blog

Friday 3 March 2023

Revolution Generation

 


We interupt the Debra Haul to inform you that the Revolution is still simmering away gently in the background.

Public Enemy have stepped up to the plate and announced that they are the Revolution Generation as if anyone doubted it. 

Red Star Belgrade are getting a bit ahead of themselves by talking about After the Revolution. Having said that I suppose the break up of Yugoslavia could be described as a revoltion of sorts. Not necessarily in an altogether good way though given all the infighting in the Balkans since then.

You are getting a bit of a geography lesson this week as Ernie's featured Reggae Revolutionaries this week are Pete Weston & the Flames with Revolution is for the Chinaman from their Every Mouth Should be Fed album. Now there is a cause worth fighting for.

After a few weeks on the front line my revolutionary zeal is beginning to falter.Fortunately my comrades George and Khayem have gone the extra mile to lend a helping hand over the next couple of weeks.

What with JC having submitted a guest post and Ernie some great music I think that this has been my most collaborative series to date.

Solidarity brothers (and of course sisters!)

Public Enemy -Revolution Generation

Red Star Belgrade -After the Revolution

Pete Weston & the Flames - Revolution is for the Chinaman



5 comments:

  1. Your AA to ZZ series was pretty collaborative (although I still suspect the whole thing was an elaborate scam to get people to send you free music)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Red Star Belgrade track appealed to me most although the pedant in me took issue with the lyric "what never was can never be". Really? Anyway Red Star Belgrade are a difficult band to research online given the football link but the tracks on YT I heard made me want to hear more. There was a Go Betweens sound to them I thought so I'm off to dig a little deeper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were on Bloodshot Records if that helps

      Delete
  3. It's impossible to stage a Revolution single-handedly. Delighted to play my part in fighting the good cause.

    ReplyDelete