Search This Blog

Monday 27 March 2023

The Debra Haul -London Calling

 


2023 Charity Shop Purchases #35  - The Clash - London Calling

I know what you are all thinking - surely he already has London Calling by the Clash?

Don't be silly - of course I have it. I got it on vinyl when it first came out and it is now worth a good few bob. Not that I would ever sell it of course.

I didn't have it on CD though. Well that's not strictly true. The picture above is one of the gifts I was presented with when I retired in July 2021. It does include a copy of the  CD behind the frame and the  perspex. Obviously I've never going to dismantle it just to get  access to the CD.

It is one I have been keeping an eye out for in charity shops for a while and so it was a no-brainer to include it as part of the haul.

I thought that I had featured most of the 19 songs on the album here over the year but it turns out that to date only 8 have featured with Four Horsemen being the only one to have appeared twice.

Three more then for you today.. Don't worry George I'll get around to the other 8 in due course

The Clash - Jimmy Jazz

The Clash - The Right Profile

The Clash -Death or Glory

6 comments:

  1. I have this album. On cd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of it or them but will have a listen as you seem to be keen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't say London Calling is the greatest album ever made, but it's in the top one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you retired your colleagues gave you a guitar ....!

    ReplyDelete