Search This Blog

Thursday 19 September 2013

Short Sharp Shocked


Back in the day I quite liked Michelle Shocked.
I've got her first couple of albums The Texas Campfire Tapes and Short Sharp Shocked and I particularly like this song from the latter.
I saw her at Glasgow Barrowlands and also somewhere in Sheffield.
On doing my research to see what she is up to  these days I see that she is now a born again Christian and has been speaking out against homosexuality and same sex marriage which is somewhat sad and disappointing.

Michelle Shocked - Memories of East Texas

2 comments:

  1. I always liked Michelle, her attitude and most of their songs. But I didn't listen to her for a longer time. It is time to change this now.
    Thanks CC.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like we all this lp. Equally disappointed by her drift rightwards.

    ReplyDelete