Search This Blog

Thursday 30 May 2013

Double Dekker




Round about 1980 when Desmond Dekker signed to Stiff  to coincide with the rise of Ska and 2 Tone he had a brief resurrection of his career (which had begun in the 60's) culminating in one of the many  re-releases of the epic Israelites.
Around this time my pals and I had tickets to see him at the Renfrew Ferry in Glasgow. We turned up, he didn't!
I've just about forgiven him which is evidenced by me buying the Best of in a Charity Shop the other week.

Rather than post Israelites which I'm sure most of you are familiar with,I thought I would post a couple of tracks which were hits for Desmond Dekker and the Aces in the 60's
He died aged 64 in 2006

Desmond Dekker and the Aces -007 (Shanty Town)

Desmond Dekker and the Aces - It Mek

2 comments:

  1. I saw him do a couple of tunes at Cartland Bridge for some programme where the gobshite who goes by the name Cosgrove was presenting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least he turned up for you Drew!
    Don't think the Renfrew Ferry ever got that far up the Clyde

    ReplyDelete