On Monday I featured a charity shop purchase of ballads by Johnny Burnette.
I expressed my doubts about this one and whether it was likely to be a keeper.
I said that I would compare and contrast it later in the week with the twofer Rock'n'Roll Trio/ Tear It Up. (1956/57) of which I have a copy courtesy of my brother.
For me there is clearly no contest - this one is far superior and definitely a keeper. This view was supported by Ernie who wrote Everything changed when he dropped the trio and Swiss Adam. He definitely needed the Trio. Indeed Adam was so convinced that he wrote it twice!
No contest then and I think this justifies two posts from the same artist in the same week.
Johnny Burnette & the Rock' n' Roll Trio -Lonesome Train (on a Lonesome Track)
Johnny Burnette & the Rock' n' Roll Trio - The Train Kept a Rollin' n'Roll Trio

No comments:
Post a Comment