Search This Blog

Friday, 4 September 2026

Bellshill Bands - Soup Dragons

 


The Soup Dragons were one of the inspirations for this series . They would have featured here much earlier if they hadn't featured a few weeks before the series was launched.

Better late than never plus it is sometimes sensible to keep your powder dry and to save some of  the big hitters on the back burner. Was

That post was raving about their Past Night From Glasgow compilation Raw Products -Singles & Rarities.
I shared three songs from that album but panic not as there are plenty more tunes to choose from. 

They take the number of bands featured up to 8 with one more scheduled .I would love to get to 1o so any suggestions welcomed.

I've ruled out The Pastels, the Vaselines  and anything featuring Eugene Kelly on the grounds of geography as they appear to have originated from Glasgow. I would be delighted if anyone can tell me differently

I've checked musicians born in Bellshill Maternity and so far have come up with Sheena Easton and Sharleen Spiteri!


Soup Dragons - Just Mind Your Step Girl

Soup Dragons - Slow Things Down

Soup Dragons - Pleasantly Surprised

Soup Dragons - Hang - Ten

No comments:

Post a Comment