Search This Blog

Thursday, 24 September 2026

Cowboy Junkies - The Trinity Sessions

 


Every three or four years whether I need to or not I find myself pulling out The Trinity Sessions by the Cowboy Junkies from 1993 from the shelves ( the blue Americana shelves since you ask) although I'm conscious that it is difficult to categorise.

I  sincerely hope that I didn't pay the £10.99 HMV sticker on the jewel case.

It is one of the great enigmas. Depending on how the mood takes you it is either one of the all time classics or just alright. This time round I find myself pretty much bang in the  middle.

I'm going for Blue Moon Revisited (Song for Elvis) and the  Hank Williams standard I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry this time round.

I'll pop back around 2029/2030 and we'll see how we are getting along.


Cowboy Junkies - Blue Moon Revisited (Song For Elvis)

Cowboy Junkies - I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry

1 comment: