Search This Blog

Friday, 18 September 2026

Goat's Head Soup

 


George recently very kindly sent me a copy of Goats Head Soup the eleventh studio album from The Rolling Stones originally released in 1973. I must admit that it was not one that I was familiar with. Indeed the only one of the ten tracks that I was recognised  was the hit single Angie.

It may be just me but I think that many folk may have thought that it failed to live up to the classic four albums which preceded it namely Beggars Banquet (1968), Let It Bleed (1969), Sticky Fingers (1971) and Exile on Main St (1972). Let's face it any album would struggle to follow these four.

I think I may have promoted the Fantastic Four to the Fabulous Five!

George also kindly included three bonus tracks from the 2020 Deluxe version which I may well feature at a later date.


The Rolling Stones - Dancing With Mr D

The Rolling Stones -Angie

The Rolling Stones - Winter

3 comments:

  1. Oops
    I forgot to post the final Bellshill Bands post
    It will feature next Friday.
    I think we are all aware that the Stones did not come from Bellshill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same for me with Goats Head Soup - it passed me by or maybe I passed it by. Let It Bleed was the last Stones album I played regularly and I loved it to bits. Odd then that I cast them off after that tho' obviously I knew all their subsequent singles.

      Delete