Search This Blog

Thursday, 10 September 2026

Brontës



 2026 Charity Shop Purchases #30 - Brontës - Brontës (LP) 

It was a bit of a surprise to see the eponymous album Brontës in the Oxfam shop in Clarkston as it was only released in April this year. Naturally I pounced given it seemed to be available for a reasonable price ( yes a reasonable price from Oxfam!).

They are part of the Last Night From Glasgow stable .They were founded in 2021 and released a  double A single First Hand Arrogance/Groove in 2022. The album has been a long time coming but it is worth the wait.

The Skinny feels that it  infuses nostalgia through lush harmonies and confident electric guitars.feel that it  whereas LNFG ask you to Imagine  The Tom Tom Club jamming with Chrissy Hynde. For my hyperbole I'll throw Tracyanne Campbell from Camera Obscura into the mix.

The line up (which I think may have already changed) is Amelia Haldane, Katie Forest, Erin Reidy and Eva Watt).

Given the fact that it is a really new album I'm only sharing one song today namely the opener Cognitive Dissonance which according to the Skinny hides darker emotions of jealousy under sunny pop-rock.


Brontes - Cognitive Dissonance

No comments:

Post a Comment