It shows how much I was immersed in Bloodshot Records when I picked up 2002's The Bottle Let Me Down - Songs For Bumpy Wagon Rides here. It is essentially a children's album and I don't have kids. Oh oh -is that Social Services at the door?
In my defence here are some quotes from critics:
The rare album that kids, parents and music snobs will all appreciate - Times Record News
Pleasing to both the pint sized and pint drinking listener - Harp Magazine
A must for everyone who had a childhood and/or likes music. There is not a lame track on the disc - Chicago Arts and Entertainment.
I think that I might be in the clear
As you can see from the link above giving details of the tracks there are an impressive array of Bloodshot artists and guests participating and clearly having enormous fun
Those of you with Grand Kids, you know what to do
It is not one that a play very often, if at all. But given the participating it surely merits the 48th place in the Sunday 50 Americana Compilations series.
Tune in next Sunday for the penultimate entry
The Cornell Hurd Band - Don't Wipe Your Face On Your Shirt

My future wife's version of 'Rubber Duckie' moves me in ways that it probably shouldn't.
ReplyDeleteYou need to see a quack!
Delete