2026 Charity Shop Purchases #21 - Best Coast - The Only Place
In January 2020 I picked up Crazy For You the debut album by Best Coast in a charity shop on Great Western Rd prior to nipping into Wintergills for a pint before heading to Firhill (for Thrills) to see Dundee United play Partick Thistle
Since then I have been keeping an eye out for their stuff. This has led to me mistakenly picking up two albums by Dream Pop act Beach House.
Third time lucky in Debras in Shawlands when I came away with their second album The Only Place from 2012 on the Mexican Summer label.
The personnel on the album are songwriter, guitarist and vocalist Bethany Cosentino and guitarist and Bobb Bruno on drums, guitar and bass. Producer Jon Brion provides everything else.
Bethany's voice puts me in mind of Neko Case which is no bad thing as I'm sure you'll agree
They released two other albums California Nights (2015) and Always Tomorrow (2020) and are seemingly currently on hiatus.

What was the score?
ReplyDelete