Search This Blog

Sunday, 16 August 2026

The Rough Guide To Americana

 


Number 47 in my quest to post 50 Americana Compilations and one that I am surprised has not featured before is The Rough Guide to Americana

From 2001 on World Music Network it is  a pretty good stab with the selected 20 artists here

I have albums by and/or seen 16 of the 20 artists. There are only three acts that I am not familiar with Utah Carol, Cowboy Nation and Western Electric. Tempted as I was to feature them they are not that good and any of the others would do more justice.

It was a pretty hard task to select 3 from the other 17 but I have gone for Dave Alvin, the late great Neal Casal and Nadine.

Numbers 48 and 49 are accounted for but I'm still sweating over the elusive 50th one!


Dave Alvin - Railroad Bill

Neal Casal - Me and Queen Sylvia

Nadine - So That I Don't Miss You

1 comment:

  1. Top non-shuffling CC.

    Cowboy Nation were Rank & File dressed up and pretending to be Johnny Cash. I have their first album somewhere, or at least I used to - it may have gone to the great charity shop in the sky.

    ReplyDelete