Todays offers are a response to a comment on last Friday's post:
Hey CC. How about the Boy Hairdressers or the Groovy Little Numbers? - Brian
These suggestions from Brian will come as no surprise to anyone who has had the pleasure of meeting him. Despite living in Seattle he has introduced me to more Scottish bands than I care to remember.
I am vaguely familiar with his first suggestion but the second one is new to me.
The Boy Hairdressers (pictured above) were a a short lived band from Bellshill
Norman Blake, Raymond McGinley, Francis McDonald (all Teenage Fanclub), Joe McAlinden (Superstar/Linden) and Jim Lambie (contemporary artist) were their members. I'm sure that many of you will recognise most of these names.
I didn't have anything by them but have sourced a couple of songs for your listening pleasure.
I actually have a song by The Groovy Little Numbers namely A Place is So Hard to Find taken from Disc 5 of Big Gold Dreams - A History of Scottish Independent Music 1977-1989. They were formed by Joe McAlinden an ex Boy Hairdresser and future member of BMX Bandits and Superstar*
* takes a mental note to explore Superstar further.
Thanks Brian for filling in these gaps.
Any further suggestions (from anyone) welcomed.
Oh, and just to confirm, Sheena Easton is NOT a band!
The Boy Hairdressers - Don't Need a Drum (4 Track Demo)
The Boy Hairdressers - Golden Shower
The Groovy Little Numbers -A Place Is So Far To Find
The Groovy Little Numbers - Happy Like Yesterday

No comments:
Post a Comment