Search This Blog

Friday, 14 August 2026

Bellshill Bands - Lightships

 


This series might be shorter than I  first thought after, despite their Bellshill associations,  having to rule out The Vaselines for geographical reasons

I think that Lightships count given that they are a band formed by Gerard Love of Teenage Fanclub fame There is however a debate as to whether it is an actual band or a recording project.

There has only been one album recorded namely 2012's album Lightships, on Stephen Pastel's Geographic label (re-released in 2022), alongside a 10 inch single Fear and Doubt.

Gerry continues to perform as a solo artist from time to time but to the best of my knowledge there have been no other releases. I would be delighted to be proved wrong.


Lightships - Sweetness in her Spark

Lightships - The Warmth of the Sun

Lightships - Sunlight to the Dawn

1 comment: