Search This Blog

Thursday, 6 August 2026

The Arlenes


 2026 Charity Shop Purchases #23 - The Arlenes- The Arlenes


The Arlenes were a UK/American husband and wife Americana duo  (Big Steve Pulford and Stephanie Arlene) who first caught my ear when the gorgeous Lovely Won't Leave Me Alone  featured on a 2003 compilation Loose Selections.

This led me to track down their 2002 Loose album Stuck on You.

I picked up the 1990 eponymous album from Oxfam in Troon. From 1990 on the Lido label in has only 6 tracks .It comes in at a few seconds under 25 minutes so I'm considering it as an album as opposed to a CD singles

The couple relocated to America in  2003 and as far as I'm aware they have released one one further album 2004's Going to California also on the Loose label. I'll keep my eyes open for that one

Not to be confused with Arlene Foster!


The Arlenes - She Ran Me Down

The Arlenes - Springboard

2 comments: