Search This Blog

Friday, 7 August 2026

Bellshill Bands - Teenage Fanclub

 


This week it is the most famous of the Bellshill bands and the one that most folk would come up with if asked to name one, namely Teenage Fanclub.

They formed in 1989 with a line up of Norman Blake (Guitar/Vocals), Raymond McGinley (Guitar/Vocals), Gerard Love (Bass/Vocals) and Francis McDonald (Drums - replaced by Brendan O'Hare)  A more detailed list of members is included here

The first three shared the song writing duties until Gerry Love left the band in 2018. The band has continued since then but it is generally agreed that they have never been quite the same.

I've seen them a few times and have the vast majority of their records with 1997's Songs From Northern Britain being my favourite. They had a terrific run with Bandwagonesque (1991), Thirteen (1993), Grand Prix (1995) and Songs From Northern Britain all being essential must haves.

I've seen them a few times recently but found Endless Arcade (2021) and Nothing Lasts For Ever (2023) a bit disappointing. They are touring later in the year to promote their new album Do Not Dare To Dream. I was unaware of this until recently and the concerts near me are now sold out. I can't say that I am too disappointed.


Teenage Fanclub - Everything Flows

Teenage Fanclub - Star Sign

Teenage Fanclub - Sparky's Dream

Teenage Fanclub - Ain't That Enough

1 comment: