Search This Blog

Thursday 2 September 2021

Renovations

 


There will be a vastly reduced service here over the next few weeks due to holidays and the fact that the music room is being refloored and carpeted.

This has required moving around 1300 hundred CDs, over 500 albums and my hi-fi all of which has been quite an ordeal and which has made me pretty twitchy. It then all has to go back once the floor has been sorted. Hopefully this will make the room much warmer and more comfortable that it currently is.

Prior to any further upheaval I'm off to a Real Ale weekend with my pals to steady my nerves. I may appear intermittently during September but hopefully will be back up and running properly in early October.
Wish me luck.






14 comments:

  1. I used to have to take long breaks from the music room because that's where to the spare bed was located. Guests meant no music. The solution was to acquire so much music that the bed had to go. Good luck with the renovations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A simple solution - House Guests or Music? I know which side of the fence I fall on

      Delete
  2. Have a good break, hope all goes well. I would be feeling a bit twitchy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best for the upcoming upheaval - it'll be worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It may be an upheaval now, but just look forward to the cathartic joy of re-shelving everything
    (and then spending the next fortnight locating and correcting the filing errors)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, for a music room...! After years of having to haul my vinyl in boxes from the attic space, I finally got some of it into a corner of the lounge, only for the cat to start using them as a scratching post. Not my happiest day, for sure. Good luck for the coming weeks, CC, it will all be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy getting hammered in between the hammering

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, good luck with it all, it'll be worth it I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was about to type "Another holiday!?!" but I was lured away from snark by the heartwarming image of the prostrate CD towers. I hope the renovations are stress free.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, the retirement projects begin. Good luck with it all and look forward to hearing about the new and improved music room. We're all jealous you can tell!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Twitchy is the perfect word to describe how re-ordering stuff leaves you. My CDs are A-Z filed over multiple shelves, various bookcases, cabinets and miscellaneous other odd storage spaces. Making space amongst them to eventually file away 300 'new' CDs should be easy right? Wrong wrong wrong! It's a logistical nightmare that I wish I could wake up from! You on the other hand will have a lovely new room to inhabit and experience. Bliss.

    ReplyDelete