Search This Blog

Thursday 16 September 2021

I'm Going to a Gig!

 


If things go according to plan tonight I will be attending my first gig since I saw King Creosote in the Concert Hall back on 12th March 2020.

The Teenage Fanclub concert at the Barrowlands was initially scheduled for 5th November 2020. It was then put back to 5th April 2021 so hopefully it is third time lucky. It's been a wee while since I last saw them.

Presumably the original tour was scheduled to promote their most recent album Endless Arcade which was belatedly released on 30th April 2021. It is the first album without Gerry Love  and the first to include Euros Child.

It's fair to say that reviews have been mixed. It's no Songs From Northern Britain but it has gradually grown on me with each listen. Unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to listen to it in the run up to the concert as the music room is still out of action. The flooring has been upgraded with the carpet scheduled to be fitted tomorrow.

I recently finally picked up a copy of Howdy! but again haven't yet been able to give it a proper listen.

Here's a track from Endless Arcade and one from Howdy! to keep both you and me going.

Teenage Fanclub - Warm Embrace

Teenage Fanclub - I Need Direction

10 comments:

  1. I think the new album sounds lovely... but the songs don't really have anything to say.

    Have a great night though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear all about it, CC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bit strange without Gerry Love and his songs but the new ones scrubbed up well.

    A good night

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you made it and had a great time CC. I'm looking forward to going to my first gig in a couple of weeks.

      Delete
  4. Ah, going out into the world again. I'm jealous. Glad you had a good night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My ears pricked up at the mention of Euros Childs - golden memories of his time with Gorky's - though I couldn't detect him on that track. I've got to wait until early October for my first post lockdown gig - local band Little Man Tate's re-union

    ReplyDelete