Search This Blog

Saturday, 10 October 2026

Saturday Shuffle 165


 

We finally got there. The likes of Honeyblood, T-Model Ford, Dave Edmunds & the Stray Cats, The Rockingbirds  and Little Milton had to be dismissed as they and the songs attributed to them before have already featured.

Oh, and spare a thought for Nella Dodds with the Supremes song Come See About Me. I couldn't find her version on the hard drive.

Worry not however as some very able substitutes stepped up to the plate.

First up was Carla J. Easton with Waves That Fall (ft Solareye) from her 2020 (gosh that far back!) album Weirdo.

Then we have today's cover stars the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Maps.

Finally from their 1989 album Scarlet we have The Motorcycle Boy and  the song World Falls Into Place, It passed me by at the time but I eagerly snapped up the re-issue LP in 2019.

Hopefully I will have enough new songs for SS166. I must get round to adding some more to the MP3 player.


Carla J.Easton (ft Solareye) - Waves That Fall

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Maps

The Motorcycle Boy - World Falls Into Place


1 comment:

  1. I had to turn Carla off when MC Haggis or whatever he is called started his rap.

    ReplyDelete