Search This Blog

Monday, 5 October 2026

J.T.

 


I was stuck for something to play today.

I used to be a huge fan of Steve Earle but have gradually reached the point where I don't play his music very often and/or seek out his new records. That's just the way it goes, sometimes you just move on.

I though about featuring him today and so I had a quick look in the music folder to see what was there 

One that popped up was JT a studio album from Steve Earle & the Dukes released on 4th January 2021 and a tribute to his son Justin Townes Earle who died from an accidental drug overdose on 20th August 2020.

I've absolutely no recollection of having played it before but I suspect that I must have.

I saw him as a youngster playing as part of his dad's band. Too young, too soon here


Steve Earle & the Dukes - They Killed John Henry

Steve Earle & the Dukes - Harlem River Blues

Steve Earle & the Dukes - Last Words

Justin Townes Earle - Harlem River Blues



1 comment:

  1. I'm the same with Steve. There was a time I would go to see him every time he came over but no longer. My loss I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete