Search This Blog

Thursday, 8 October 2026

Kitchens of Distinction

 


You won't necessarily always find me in the kitchen at parties or otherwise, although I  do like to sit on my wicker chair with a coffee and admire the view from the window.

It may not be a kitchen of distinction but I like it.

All of which is a preamble and an excuse to feature some kitchen related songs.

Let's start with a song which inspired a much sadly missed blog. Yes I'm talking about Drew and his blog Across the Kitchen Table which was also a song by the Pale Fountains

Stump are happy with  the abbreviated Kitchen Table  whereas Kevin McDermott and his Orchestra are more concerned with Mother Nature's Kitchen.

Finally Michael Marra beguiles us with the story of the Guernsey Kitchen Porter.


Jona Lewie - You Will Always Find Me in the Kitchen at Parties

Pale Fountains - From Across the Kitchen Table

Stump - Kitchen Table

Kevin McDermott Orchestra - Mother Nature's Kitchen

Michael Marra - The Guernsey Kitchen Porter


6 comments:

  1. I hope Drew is keeping well. He's still missed round these parts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's on Blue sky as Billisdead.
      Seems to be doing ok

      Delete
  2. One of my all time favourite punk albums is the Buzzers’ Another Music in a Different Kitchen. Just thought I’d share that.
    I don’t know about you, or the rest of the bloggerati for that matter, but a good 2/3 of the music I listen too (and it is a lot btw) is in the kitchen. Not surprising when cooking and listening to music are two things I’d call hobbies. Do people still have hobbies?

    JM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Listen ‘to’. Bloody spellcheck.

      JM

      Delete
  3. But no Kitchens of Distinction???!!!

    ReplyDelete