De Rosa are probably one of the more obscure bands to feature in this series.
Active from 2001 -2009 and then 2012 -2021 their membership consisted at various times of Martin John Henry, Chris Connick, James Woodside, Neil Woodside and Andrew Bush.
I have their 2006 album Mend, on the Chemikal Underground label, which according to my spreadsheet I picked up in Fort William. I thought it was from Muir of Ord but I might be confusing them with Rader Bros. The personnel on the album are Martin John Henry and the Woodside Brothers. It is the first of three studio albums they released.
I've become a bit of a fanboy of M. John Henry and have picked up a few of his albums including this years Early Songs of Late where he sings acoustic versions of the majority of songs from Mend and a few others. I had the pleasure of seeing him performing them live just over a year ago.
Here are some of original geographically based songs by the band.
De Rosa - Hattonrigg Pit Disaster

No comments:
Post a Comment