Search This Blog

Friday, 2 October 2026

Ayrshire Real Ale Festival


 Today I off to the Ayrshire Beer Festival in Troon Town Hall to sample some Real Ale and Killie Pies. It's a tough job but somebody's got to do it.

I'll try to remember to take home my souvenir glass. Last time I got as far as the train station before realising that I'd left it behind. I texted my pals and my mate Pete said he would get it for me. I'm still waiting.

It doesn't take a genius to work out that today's tunes will all be Beer related although Beer for Breakfast is perhaps a bit ambitious.

Cheers


The Replacements -Beer For Breakfast

Todd Snider - Beer Run

Stray Cats - Lookin' Better Every Beer

The Handsome Family - Beer On The Roof

The Dubliners - A Pub With No Beer


8 comments:

  1. Last time I had beer for breakfast was more than 30 years ago, and I was on my way to Spain for a lads' holiday with some mates.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. No lightweights allowed
      That's why I've bailed out!

      Delete
  3. Have a great day! A good comedown song (probably one for tomorrow) is When the Hangover Strikes by Squeeze (one of my all time favorite drinking songs).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers, mate! Stellar comments today. - Brian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bailed out
    Waiting for the train

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lambchop's The Man Who Loved Beer would've gone down a treat. You must have had a beer series before - what does your archive have to say on this question?

    ReplyDelete