I was in Oxfam in Troon on Saturday and they had a vinyl copy of Penguin Eggs the 1980 masterpiece by Nic Jones on the Topic label for £20.
I was very tempted but given my precarious financial situation I consoled myself with the fact that I had the CD at home.
Needless to say it was the first album to get a spin on Sunday.
I know I did the right thing but it still doesn't stop me regretting it.
I'm sure that many of you have been in similar situations.
Nic Jones - The Humpback Whale
Nic Jones - The Little Pot Stove

Oh, yes, a situation and feeling I have on a regular basis. - Brian
ReplyDeleteJust reading this at half ten on a Tuesday night. It’’s an album, I must confess, I don’t know. But rest assured, as sure as eggs is eggs, it’ll be the first album I’ll listen to on Wednesday morning.
ReplyDeleteJM
Oh yes, this touched a nerve. Some years ago I found a beautiful copy of Pengiun Eggs. I couldn't justify buying a third version for myself, so I bought it and gave it to a friend as a present. I owned it for about four days, and I do still regret giving it away.
ReplyDelete