Search This Blog

Friday, 14 August 2026

Bellshill Bands - Lightships

 


This series might be shorter than I  first thought after, despite their Bellshill associations,  having to rule out The Vaselines for geographical reasons

I think that Lightships count given that they are a band formed by Gerard Love of Teenage Fanclub fame There is however a debate as to whether it is an actual band or a recording project.

There has only been one album recorded namely 2012's album Lightships, on Stephen Pastel's Geographic label (re-released in 2022), alongside a 10 inch single Fear and Doubt.

Gerry continues to perform as a solo artist from time to time but to the best of my knowledge there have been no other releases. I would be delighted to be proved wrong.


Lightships - Sweetness in her Spark

Lightships - The Warmth of the Sun

Lightships - Sunlight to the Dawn

4 comments:

  1. Any I.K. Dairo remixes of their work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice opening track, others OK too. I've always been one for identifying where bands hail from to the amusement of my friends. I don't see what's so funny about it - if a band are originally formed in say Oldham or Lymeswold, Ipswich or Carmarthen then that's where they're from. Honestly it's that simple. They say things like "Ah yes but the drummer was born 15 miles away in blah blah place or the lead singer left such and such a place at the age of seven". They're only envious of my geographical knowledge I know!
    * Barclay James Harvest, Wave Pictures, Extreme Noise Terror and Gorky's Zygotic Mynci if you're wondering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey CC. How about the Boy Hairdressers or the Groovy Little Numbers? - Brian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will see if I have any stuff by then.
      I might have something by the first but not sure of the second.

      Delete