Search This Blog

Wednesday, 16 September 2026

Joe Strimmer

 


We were driving through East Kilbride when I saw a man strimming a grass verge.

As is my wont I shouted out Joe Strimmer! Juvenile I know but there you go.

Obviously this post calls for a song from each of the three albums by Joe Strummer & the Mescaleros namely Rock Art and the X-Ray Style (1999), Global A Go-Go (2001) and Streetcore (2003) the latter one very kindly gifted to me by JC

A reminder that I still have some strimming to do before the weather takes a turn for the worse.


Joe Strummer & the Mescaleros - Yalla, Yalla

Joe Strummer & the Mescaleros - Bhindi Bhagee 

Joe Strummer & the Mescaleros - Redemption Song

3 comments:

  1. Got a little lesson today because we don’t use the word strimmer over here. Nice picks today, CC. - Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Bhindi Bhagee - certainly my favourite Joe solo track - possibly favourite Joe track full stop (Yes, I know that means more than The Clash).

    ReplyDelete