Search This Blog

Monday 11 June 2018

Where Does It Go From Here


I know that it is a wee bit warm to be featuring woolly jumpers but I thought that  I would give Pelican West an airing.This is more than a wee bit inspired by John Medd's recent post
From 1982 it's the debut album by Haircut 100 and peaked at number 2 in the UK charts.It is the first of two albums by the band but I suspect that most folk will be hard pressed to remember the follow up which was 1984's Paint and Paint.
It contains some excellent pop songs all written and sung by Nick Hayward.
I am not that familiar with his solo stuff but I know that he is held in high esteem by many of the Blogging fraternity (see above).
Mrs CC I suspect is a fan given that she has two of his solo albums as well as being the owner of Pelican West.
I shall give them an airing in due course and report back.

Haircut 100 - Fantastic Day

Haircut 100 - Love Plus One

6 comments:

  1. I'll look to Mr Medd for back up on this one, but, for me at least, Nick's solo debut 'North of a Miracle' trounces 'Pelican West'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That and Postcards From Home are on the shelves waiting to get checked out

      Delete
  2. Does Mrs CC have that album with a picture of a fry-up as the front cover?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've lost me I'm afraid George but I think that the answer is no

      Delete
  3. I read JM's post too and have also been reminded that this month 36 years ago my days of being a full-time student were coming to an end. No more studying and time to relax for a bit. Fantastic Day was one of the songs around at the time and one I always associate it with that time. Nick Heyward just looked so young and cute back in those days, and kinda still does!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nick certainly knows his way around a pop song. I’m about to start ripping my vinyl from the letter H section. Haircut 100 and Heyward will both be represented in the series.

    ReplyDelete